Saturday 28 March 2009

Derek's training goal

The last two and half years have been a wash for me in terms of physical exercise. First was a terrible Calgary marathon experience (over four and a half hours -- almost an hour longer than my first marathon); then a horrible ascent up Mont Ventoux (my fifth and worst ascent of that mountain, and I haven't been back); then injury before the London marathon; and then came two crashes doing the Etape (which I wasn't fit for, either).

In the next 13 months, I have the Great North Run, a half-marathon in the northeast of England; and then next year's London Marathon. I've got a place for both.

I also want to do some sportives in the UK.

Problem: I'm in the worst condition of my life. Way overweight (about 200 lbs!!) and doing no exercise. I want to get down to 160-165, and get back into shape.

It starts now.

And I'm going to thrash you into the ground, Kenny.

No comments:

Post a Comment