Thursday 23 July 2009

Oh, I've been at it. And I've been feeling good.

One highlight is last Tuesday's run.
I booked it. 4.14k / 23:15min. Avg was 5:37m/k. I sprinted the last 500 meters. Couldn't believe it. I just let go and started running. It was 9pm and I had been snacking for the past few hours trying to stave off supper until after the run so I wasn't expecting much. I know it was a short run, but I am very pleased. Now to put it together with the bike.

The commutes are a walk in the park now. A couple of days ago I felt a rider behind me, hanging on about a dozen bike lengths back. I wasn't shaking him so knew it must be a road bike. After a while I waved him up so that we could work together. What a difference.

I still have yet to do an open-water swim. But am quite looking forward to it.

The knee ain't bad. I can bike and run while it is taped. However, even though I have shaved (it's one sexy knee, I tell ya), I've ripped some skin on the inner knee so have taken a few days reprieve from taping.

No comments:

Post a Comment