Monday 29 June 2009

First Brick

Some might compare it to the marathoner's defining 18+ weekend long-run sessions. Insomuch that it differentiates the trainer from everyone else on the street or in the gym, brick workouts are quintessential moments. But the comparison falls short in one aspect: bricks are hard, strenuous brutish things! (if not also rather inspiring)

Saturday was my first. Incidentally, while sailing back home I was cut off by two blind male adolescent drivers. They obliviously bulled their way into my lane. So there I am elbow to car door with the hapless twit pummeling him with F-bombs and humiliating name-calling through his open window overtop his rap music at 40+ k/h. I kept up with him for a couple hundred meters, completely engrossed in and enjoying the verbal beating I was providing him, before turning off for home where Addison was waiting for me to help in the transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment