Monday 15 June 2009

lovin the granny gear

With quads still burning from yesterday's scrambling (knees recovered nicely), I thought it best to spin them out a bit. And since Sunday evening's thunderstorms did not materialize, I hit the roads in the NW quadrant for a beautiful 40 minute ride.

Dared to trespass onto the vacant highway being constructed. It's a Biker's Paradise! Passed a couple of work pickups but no one seemed to mind (sunday evenings are probably a safer bet than weekday construction hours). Found a km long hill which is going to provide excellent training for a long time to come. Took myself right to the bottom of the third derailer (I'd be toast in the mountains) but on the way back was right onto the top of the first (almost hit 50k/h). Could have pushed harder but am still a little shaky (is it me or the bike?) So p'shaw to the egos who tried to disuade me from the helpful little cog. I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment