Tuesday 19 May 2009

bikin in traffic

the thing with a road bike (so I am finding) is that you do have a certain amount of acceleration and speed. And if vehicle traffic is tight and slow, you can not only keep up but do better than some of them . . . especially tentative minivans. That said, some day I'm probably gonna have a close call and then I may not be so brazen. But it is nice to be developing higher degrees of comfort not only with the bike but with the environments in which I am biking (notwithstanding road gravel . . . when do they clean the roads around here!)

What I am not so comfortable with is the outfit. So showing up at M&Ds for a family BBQ and beating Jody and the boys (who were bringing a change of clothes) and having to sit around in not-so-modest attire was rather uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment