Wednesday 20 May 2009

rhythm blues

Missed running on the weekend, Monday, and again yesterday. Oiy.
The excuse is frigid temperatures, sleet and whatever else is convenient.

And, I conveniently forgot my shoes for this afternoon's workout (good thing as I would have froze in the 3 degree ambient temp). So back to the pool.

It took 15 minutes to get into a rhythm. Not sure why, though the person -- I am quite sure she was mentally and/or physically challenged -- struggling with lane etiquette didn't help. It was kinda funny, actually. Even the lifeguards gave up on her.

But when I finally got a lane to myself halfway through the swim I picked it up a notch and went nonstop with flipturns for 15 - 20 minutes. After a difficult start, it was an awesome finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment