Monday 13 April 2009

Brutal

Down with a thump. After yesterday's heroics on the bike, just running a mere 3.8km this morning felt awful. Slow, sluggish, heavy, breathless. Etc. But training is all about getting those runs out of the way. Done.
Now just the visit of two Russians to navigate today, and feel somewhat capable for a pool visit and run tomorrow.
(BTW, the response to doing big exertions one day and then then next to feel terrible is: you should have taken a rest day. This is true, but what I'm telling myself is that I need to get many consecutive days under my belt so that I get the beat in my head. That old training rhythm. My mistake in the last two endurance events was to interrupt my training too frequently.)
Distance: 3.8
Time: 24.03
Pace: 6.19
SRVI: 45

No comments:

Post a Comment