Tuesday 7 April 2009

Sloth


Ken mentioned the mighty sloth.

Here I am. London or any other work-related travel is the biggest hit to my training ambitions. That's what happened last week; then, with kids to look after as Easter break set in....

Anyway, back to it today. Planning a longer ride deeper into Derbyshire. Part of it will take me along the beat I can fish, so I can have a look to see how the water is (now that the season is open again). Mapmyride.com reckons about 40km with about 400m of ascending. I think it will be a bit more elevation than that. But in any case, this is the next step up on a slowly-slowly build up of endurance.

I'm also going to get running again this week. I've never really run and rode in the same season. As Ken suggests, hard to motivate oneself on the running front when you're going at 10kmh along a stretch you could be caning at 35kmh on the bike.

However, I've got a plan. Call it the Solomon's Temple (is your body) route.

Overlooking Buxton is a folly called, yup, Solomon's Temple. It's about 100 metres higher than our house. It's about 3km away, so a round trip should yield that most pleasing of training-run distances, the sixkayer.

Above is a pic of Solomon's temple. And below is one of the view over Buxton.



I'd like to start running it once a day. But a better target is probably once or twice a week. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. great pics. I'd follow suite and post some of this little town's wild pathways but they're not even half as inspiring. Nor would they properly convey the omnipresent aroma of dog feces signaling a long awaited spring.

    ReplyDelete