Thursday 9 April 2009

Well, well, well

Now things have changed. The Economist don't want me for now, so I'll take out my rage on the triathlon target. Training for the event, which Ken has convinced me (with little arm-bending), began this morning with a short run around a local lake in pristine conditions. Managed it, and its two sharp hills, without stopping, albeit at a crawl.

Distance: 4.84km
Time: 31.14
Pace: 6.27 mins per km

That's slow. But it is also means my first run was just over half the distance of the run on the day in August.

I have no idea about how to train for a triathlon, though swimming will obviously be the nightmare leg. Need to get into the pool. (Need to learn how to swim.)

However, I am also doing a half-marathon in September. So I think I'll do the running schedule for a half for that... and then add swimming and cycling on top.

COME ON!

1 comment:

  1. so, we're going for the olympic distance?
    For the sprint, the run leg is only about 5k

    ReplyDelete