Wednesday 29 April 2009

Kicked Ass

in the pool today with a 45 minute swim. No stops but for one 15 second pause midway during which I contemplated flip turns.

Speaking of flip turns; still messy but I am incorporating them during several lengths mid-swim. Did manage a couple of nice ones which felt positively brilliant. Think I might be figuring them out. 'Not rushing it' seems to be the key right now.

I am averaging 2 minutes for a 100 split. So, if my math is right, I just swam for 2.25km baby.
Oh, and that small, subtle twinging in my right shoulder on the pull isn't scaring anyone.

late aft update: during & immediately post swim I felt great. Could easily have done more and was sorry to leave the water. However, some 4 hours later now and I am exhausted. Arms almost too tired to lift. Would be interested to find out some measure (calories or other) of energy such a session takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment