Friday 10 April 2009

Kids

Attempting to navigate through an impossible suburban maze to my NW I passed several families coming out of their winter time dens. Two little boys on bicycles, wide-eyed and working hard at their springtime explorations, stared while I limped passed. I could sense them following me for a little while until they disappeared down a little stretch. As I came around the bend, they were there ahead of me staring in my direction; the maze not a problem for these two. I pulled out my ear bud to accept their undeserved praise, "You sure are a fast runner, mister!"
Not really. The garmin was kind to calculate this sweaty 26:50 minute 4.13k run @ 6:30m/k.
I'm going to better acquaint myself with this quadrant. It is a tad hillier than my usual haunt along nosehill creek and I need the work, especially since I don't plan to do any specific hill work for the tri.

1 comment: